CRT is in play near you!
“Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ.” – Colossians 2:8 NLT
CRT starts with the critical critique that ALL American institutions, systems, structures, and foundational principles are rooted in systemic racism and oppression.
This premise is absolute and is never up for debate! In a world of Postmodernism where there are no absolutes, CRT’s first tenet is considered ABSOLUTE!
- The word critical means that its intention and methods are specifically geared toward identifying and exposing racial problems and injustices for the marginalized, in order to facilitate revolutionary change. Revolution is the grand result of Marxism and why CRT is a neo-Marxist ideology wrapped in social constructs like race, gender, and sexual identities, compared to purely economic considerations and outcomes.
- The word race focuses studies on people of color, identity groups, and especially those of different sexual orientations. These groups are always categorized as the marginalized and oppressed.
- The process of researching and discovering resulting outcomes to expose these assumed oppressions can be identified as Theory.
Please try to define CRT so you may be able to define it in brief moments as you interact with your friends.
Below are my attempts:
Critical means all American structures, systems, and institutions are racist! This is their first non-negotiable tenet.
Race refers to gender identity and sexual orientation groups who are being marginalized and oppressed.
Theory is the researching and seeking out of these oppressions and injustices.
Its three primary values are: 1. Power, because power supersedes truth 2. The promotion of identity politics and 3. Valuing equity over equality
CRT is THE ideology that drives the Social Justice Movement! It supplies the necessary power like an engine provides for a car.
Become informed for…
“The wise are cautious and avoid danger; fools plunge ahead with reckless confidence” – Proverbs 14:16 NLT
Become assertive for God’s will:
“But I will make you as unyielding and hardened as they are.”
– Ezekiel 3:8 NIV
Please look to my article dated February 17, 2021, under the glossary of terms as I provide definitions of 35 terms used in the SJM.
The Massive Spread of CRT
In recent weeks and months CRT is being applied and accepted in just about every arena of our lives. Have you noticed this? Don’t you think, at a very minimum, we should understand CRT and be able to explain its basic tenets to others? Learning how to evaluate and critique them is especially important given the widespread acceptance of these tenets.
As an aside, the West Linn/Wilsonville School district finished a school board election and one of the gals who won said in a public forum that all our children’s education should run through the grid of CRT. The implication of this is sobering to say the least. On a positive note, in the same election, a Christian woman with a righteous moral compass won another position on the school board. Why did she win? In large part because Christians and concerned and informed parents voted for her! This is what WE MUST be doing, and there seems to be up an up-tick of parents speaking out! Look to:
As well as… Loudoun County parents hold protest against critical race theory by Fox News.
Three Tenets of CRT and How to Counter Them
- The very first definition and overarching tenet of CRT is “all our systems, institutions, and structures are racist”—period! This is considered an absolute and nonnegotiable. Therefore, no argument or rebuttal is correct or acceptable unless one concludes that ALL power rests with those who are white or who are in authority. In other words, the same old, same old—the oppressors ALWAYS are oppressing the oppressed. End of argument. If proponents of CRT would put this first tenet up for questioning by not considering it as absolute, perhaps a discussion or debate of the issues could be possible. If not, the case is closed according to CRT activists. If the first premise is open for discussion and reliable verification or systemic racism is proved objectively, then there is a chance for debate.
Proof and evidence never get old and we have every right to ask for the facts!
“These men cannot prove the things they accuse me of doing.” – Act 24:13 NLT
I don’t believe this, please show me the verifiable and objective evidence!
If no evidence is shown, your subjective opinion is just as valid as my opinion.
Simply because you are the one in authority does not make your conclusions correct.
A few biblical passages that might be helpful:
“You shall not give a false report; do not join your hand with a wicked person to be a malicious witness. 2 “You shall not follow the crowd in doing evil, nor shall you testify in a dispute so as to join together with a crowd in order to pervert justice;”
– Exodus 23:1-2 NASB
“The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him” -Proverbs 18:17 ESV
The above verse, Proverbs 18:17, was a basis for the U.S. Constitution’s provision regarding the judicial right of confrontation, —the right of a defendant to bring out the rest of the story by cross-examining an accuser and even calling witnesses to testify in his own behalf.” (Look to the Founders’ Bible page 967).
“Is it legal to convict a man before he is given a hearing?” he asked” – John 7:51 NLT
Don’t you just marvel at the Word of God?
- According to CRT all gender issues can be solved with social constructs not based on biological explanations. For example, why men and women make different life choices, display different degrees of psychological traits, have different interests, or exhibit different sexual behaviors. All these biological innate characteristics cannot be brought to the table in the intersectional (multiple ways to be marginalized) feminist analysis.
However, there is considerable evidence that such DNA differences do exist between the male and female, yet these realities are off limits. Look to Steven Pinker, Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism and Progress (Penguin Books, 2019).
God, however, describes the creation of man (generic–mankind) individually both “male and female.”
- Biological differences are not off limits! The overwhelming display in humans and even the animal kingdom reveals physical (anatomical, body structure) and biological differences. To say the opposite is going against the physical evidence and the accepted conclusions over the life span of humans as well as animals.
- Your professed identity is not based on absolute Truth. My basis of identity is rooted in biological realities not subjective, made-up constructs.
- Since your identity is not based on empirical evidence but arbitrarily created, my conclusions and identity are just as valid. Simply because you are in authority, i.e., teacher, politician, community leader, etc. does not give you the right to inflict your subjective morality on those under your authority. There might be 57 genders, probably more every day, but there are only two biological sexes.
Please remember if we ever desire to keep Truth in the forefront, we must seize the language war. If we don’t take back the language being used in the SJM, we will lose the Truth.
How, might you ask? Speak of the biological sexes, male, and female not genders.
“Haven’t you read the Scriptures (Genesis 1:27)? “Jesus replied. “They record that from the beginning ‘God made them male and female ‘” – Matthew 19:4 NLT
“Know that the LORD Himself is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture” – Psalm 100:3 NASB
In postmodern thought there is no overarching moral compass, so people become their own arbiter (basing their decisions on random choices or personal whims, rather than any reason or code of morality). The concept of right and wrong is not even considered.
“Your kindness to the wicked does not make them do good. Although others do right, the wicked keep doing wrong and take no notice of the LORD’s majesty” – Isaiah 26:10 NLT
When this is extended to the governmental realm the inevitable outcome is chaos, and anarchy.
“You shall not do according to all that we are doing here today, everyone doing whatever is right in his own eyes,” – Deuteronomy 12:8 ESV
This self-centered attitude also became a major problem in the time of the Judges as Judges 17:6 states: “In those days [there was] no king in Israel, [but] every man did [that which was] right in his own eyes.”
Power – The goal of CRT is to gain power and control!
- According to the current analytical framework, CRT does not allow for the possibility in our culture that gender power exists that disadvantages men. These power structures ALWAYS favor men so the conclusions must fit the scenario that men are oppressors and marginal identities are the oppressed. A simple reminder that this is the mantra of Marxism dressed up in racial language that is arrived at by social constructs. (A social construct is an idea or theory that brings together various concepts and builds to a
desired outcome). In other words, CRT advocates can make up an identity and state it as true, without any biological support or verifiable absolute Truth. Therefore, today, we are hearing of multiple identities that people are identifying with, and this will increase and so will the so-called identities because without absolutes there is no end to man’s distorted nature. Here we see postmodernism at its finest! Remember, however, this will all be cloaked in a logical sophistication that will seem to be intelligent, rational, and of course will be socially acceptable in the eyes of the “enlightened.”
Counter Argument–Where is the verifiable proof that all power structures favor men?
“There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end, it leads to death”
– Proverbs 16:25 NIV
“A prudent (showing care and thought for the future) person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences”
– Proverbs 27:12 NLT
The reversal of morality and the confusion of moral distinctions will only bring about chaos and anarchy in the broader society and penalties in a person’s health and personalities. (Look to Romans 1:27, “… they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.)”
“There are those who turn (or twist) justice into bitterness and cast righteousness (Truth) to the ground” – Amos 5:7 NIV
“Do they not err that devise evil? but mercy and truth shall be to them that devise good” – Proverbs 14:22 KJV
Actions to Take
#1 Pay attention to what is happening in your children and grandchildren’s school’s curriculum. Read portions of the material that they are assigned. If the material is not appropriate for your child, contact your school administrators and request they remove the material, or that your child will opt out from reading it.
#2 Define, clarify, and communicate out loud the definitions of the words: Critical, Race, and Theory. Remember, we are in a language war, and the left are masters at capturing the rhetoric and discourse turf. We must be speaking what is true, just, noble, pure, and admirable (Philippians 4:8). I have said before I am not anti-Semitic, but I am anti-semantic. Christians in general are far too accepting and trusting and are failing to realize the schools have an alternative agenda for their kids! They are also masters at manipulating their language to dissuade well-meaning parents.
Please be careful with these phrases in particular:
CRT: “gender assigned at birth.”
Biblical Term and Common Sense: “biological sex from birth.”
CRT: “socially constructed identity.”
Biblical and Common-Sense Phraseology: “physical anatomy” defines my sexual identity.
#3 Some of you parents will make the choice to take your children out of public education. Why?
Anthony M. Esolen is a writer, social commentator, translator of classical poetry, and Writer-in-Residence at Magdalen College of the Liberal Arts. In his book, Out of the Ashes: Rebuilding American Culture, he states the following about the American School system and his concern for the next generation.
“There are only two things wrong with our schools. The public schools, with their vast political and bureaucratic machinery, are beyond reform. That does not mean that those persons of good will should not offer themselves up as missionaries of truth and goodness and beauty to teach there…. But we would be quite mad to send our children there. We send missionaries to cannibals. We do not serve the cannibals our boys and girls.”
Several years ago, I would have thought his comments were on the fringe. But after attaining more knowledge about the agenda, curriculum, discrimination and firsthand intimidation from teachers and school administrators in recent years, I believe it is time for many to leave the radicalized agenda set against the Judeo-Christian ethic and America. Since social manipulation and indoctrination regarding gender ideology and the LGBTQ controls and influences so many out there, it’s time for many up-right moral parents to take the necessary steps to save their kids. As an aside: your kids can find and connect with their friends, and you do not need the school atmosphere to find solid up-right children.
Here are several alternatives other than the public education system:
Private Schools, parochial schools, charter schools, home schooling, cyber education, cop-ops,
I will be writing an article in the future about the pervasiveness and the power of the Educational System in America today.