I am reducing the size of my teachings to make them more manageable☺
Please go back to a previous article I wrote: What does God say about War? Dated October 17, 2023, from my blog: www.daleebel.org. I offer past historical facts regarding the exchange between the Palestinians and the Israelis.
Proper Explanations are Vital
There are a lot of different explanations for every experience. Most of the time we can’t control situations around us especially when they take place on a national or international level, but we can control our explanations of those events. The truth is that many times our explanations are equally as important as the actual events. The way we explain and interpret events to ourselves, and others can determine and shape the attitudes and behaviors of the listening recipients. They can also shape our whole culture and future generations.
This was true for the nation of Israel in the time of Moses:
“The ten men Moses had sent to explore the land–the ones who incited rebellion against the LORD with their bad report“ – Numbers 14:36 NLT
The spies that scouted the promised land came back and reported what they saw and observed and gave feedback to Moses. The reason I cited this passage is that the biblical explanations and clarifications of past and present events are crucial! This was true for the future of the nation of Israel as it set the Israelites on a course of wandering in the wilderness for 40 years. (Look to Numbers 14 for a most insightful grasp of the presence of unbelief).
It is very interesting to me that civilized people like us, criticize, critique, commend, condemn or, at the least, second-guess civilized leaders who defend their nation from the horrific actions of their enemies. We all do this and should do this, but our critique ought to be based on a biblical understanding and on objective facts.
Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
Please watch a video from Prager U titled: “My Life as an Arab Muslim,” by Sophia Khalifa.
Here are a few summary comments about the content of this video:
• Jews and Muslims in Israel can live and are living in peace side by side
• 20% of the Israel’s population is Arab Muslim
• All people (Jews, Arab Muslims, Arab Christians, and Druze) living in Israel have equal rights: for education, health care, protection, and welfare
• In 2005, Israel pulled out of Gaza and gave the beautiful land to the Arab Muslims to be a self-governing state. Hamas have turned into a terrorist state.
• Palestinians in Gaza don’t have equal rights and if they speak out against Hamas they are killed
• Regular indoctrination of children and youth by sympathetic radical Muslim teachers has aided the hatred for the state of Israel.
• If Hamas is not stopped the West will be next.
We all can and should speak out or render our opinions based on our theology or ideology. I also think it is important to identify our presuppositions (that which we hold to be true prior to our rendered opinions) prior to and when we engage with others in discussions.
For example, I believe self-defense wars are justified in the sight of God. One specific example is found in 1 Samuel 15:1-3.
“This is what the LORD of Heaven’s Armies has declared: I have decided to settle accounts with the nation of Amalek for opposing Israel when they came from Egypt. 3 Now go and completely destroy the entire Amalekite nation–men, women, children, babies, cattle, sheep, goats, camels, and donkeys.” – 1 Sam. 15:2-3 NLT
Look to Exodus 17:8-16 for the historical account of why God commanded Moses to eradicate the Amalekites.
The World of Public Opinion
While the war rages in Gaza and Israel, it will be and is commonplace to render a one-sided critique and criticize Israel. This bias reporting is coming from the secular media pundits, academic elites and sympathetic Muslims living in a free country like the US who oppose the Jewish state, and Netanyahu in particular. This type of one-sided critique fuels anti-Semitism at the least, and offers opinions that in many cases are based on the ignorance and rewriting of history. Please watch the informative videos presented by Prager U under the broad title: Israel At War.
It is tempting to make assessments of a particular leader’s motives and or intentions when, in many cases, we simply don’t know their psychological reasonings for their decisions unless they state their motives, intentions, and purposes. Ultimately, we are to judge (render our opinions) of one’s or a nation’s actions, and enacted polices… not their ideological or theological positions or professions. Because of the mega-phone of the slanted media and the ideological position of the Left, Anti-Semitism is dramatically rising in America. I am somewhat shocked at the number of Christians and well-meaning people, who simply buy into the secular mantra, or choose to not be informed with the facts.
Below are a few resources that I have found helpful in offering another side to the story.
DailyWire.com and Ben Shapiro.
The Rosenberg Report, https://rosenbergreport.tv,
Prageru.com War In Israel
Biblical Truths Regarding the n=Necessity of War
The following truths help me to fortify my mind, soul, and spirit with God’s perspective. I need this biblical fortification! This is the time to be biblically resolute (Ezekiel 3:8, 9) and not to be timid, soft (2 Timothy 1:7) or sit in silent fear and indifference. At the same time, I am filled with compassion, sorrow, grief and empathy for the realities of what war brings.
• I agree that war is horrific, but at times it is necessary (Joshua 6:20, 21; Ecclesiastes 3:8).
“20 When the people heard the sound of the rams’ horns, they shouted as loud as they could. Suddenly, the walls of Jericho collapsed, and the Israelites charged straight into the town and captured it. 21 They completely destroyed everything in it with their swords–men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep, goats, and donkeys” – Joshua 6:20, 21
This verse and the reality of the battle of Jericho is soul shaking to me! It is almost beyond my sensibilities, yet God knew this and understood what would happen if the enemy was not eradicated. God knew that if all were not eliminated, future generations would be sympathetic to the evil religions and practices. For sure we have learned that radical Islam’s hatred rests in the hearts of many Muslim women and children, not just in the males.
• In the present war in Israel the only solution for Israel to exist is to eradicate Hamas completely! In that conflict, there will be loss of innocent lives. This is the nature of war, which I dread. (Psalm 83:9)
• Clearly war is justified when it is in self-defense because of the murderous evil actions of the people or nations instigating atrocities, like Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, or war on radical Muslims after 911 and the subsequent bombings of Iraq. Israel is fighting a “killing war,” while Hamas is fighting a “murdering war.” There is a vast difference between killing and murder not only for individuals but also nations (Exodus 20:13, Psalms 83:17, 18; & Romans 13:1-8).
• In the Scriptures, the justification for war against the Canaanites was the result of their evil actions, and decadent behavior, especially their practice of child sacrifice (Leviticus 18:21).
• This is what Hamas is doing. They are sacrificing the innocent children and adults by fighting in barbaric ways. They plant their artillery in the homes of their citizens, offices, schools, and hospitals. Israel warns Gaza citizens of coming attacks, targets, as best prior to attacking Hamas terrorists. Hamas in not fighting a humane war.
Jews Are Not:
• The Jews are not promoting brainwashing children in military training camps, teaching them how to blow themselves up and cause maximum deaths of Arabs, Jews and other non-Muslims.
•The Jews don’t hijack planes, nor kill athletes at the Olympics, nor blow themselves up in German restaurants.
• There is not one single Jew who has destroyed a church.
• There is not a single Jew who protests by murdering people. The Jews don’t traffic slaves, nor have leaders calling for Jihad and death to all the Infidels. By the way, infidels are you and me and our children and grandchildren.
Actions you can take:
#1 Pray for the Peace of Israel – Psalm 121:6-9
# 2 Send the video link by Prager U, “My Life as an Arab Muslim,” by Sophia Khalifa to people in your webs of relationships.
#3 Send people a link to Prager U accessing all the videos regarding Israel At War.
#4 In your small group, if you are in one, show this video and discuss it.
# 5 After you look up the news sources I gave you, send them to your friends.
#6 Look up each of my Scripture references and muse over them, writing your comments in your bible margins.
I close with:
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” – 2 Timothy 1:7 NLT
Attempting to make sense of the world around us.